The year 2014 was groundbreaking for Dr. Jason Leong. After winning the 7th Annual International Hong Kong Comedy Festival, he then performed at Laugh Factory in Hollywood and Gotham Comedy Club in New York, the first Malaysian to do so.
Dr. Jason Leong then opened Harith Iskander’s Laugh Malaysia in front of 9,000 people at the sold-out Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil. It was also the first English stand-up comedy show to be broadcasted on Astro First, Pay Per View.
In 2015, Dr. Jason continued to push boundaries as he represented Malaysia in stand-up comedy at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2016 in 22 shows over 3 weeks. He also featured in Malaysia’s first Bahasa Malaysia stand up comedy show called Komediri Bersama Harith Iskander which aired on Astro Warna.
To further expand his comedic reach, Dr. Jason has also started a Youtube channel, The Jason Leong Show and its first video ‘A Delusional Review of My Proton Wira’ went viral.
Dr. Jason has huge presence in corporate endeavours, writing and performing in campaigns for Alliance Bank, McDonalds, Durex, Pfizer and Gilette. His most memorable experience was with Anlene Malaysia, where he scaled Mount Kinabalu for their Stretch Your Limits campaign.
- Winner and Crowd Favourite of the 7th Annual International Hong Kong Comedy Competition
- Opening act for Harith Iskander in front of 9,000 people at Stadium Putra
- Gotham Comedy Club, New York
- Performed at Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2015
- Performed a full professional set at Laugh Factory, Hollywood and Gotham Comedy Club, New York